Daniel J. Lasker
Academic Administration, Ben-Gurion University:
1981-1983, 1987-1989 Departmental committee for the M.A. program and advisor to M.A. students in Jewish Thought.
1982 -1983, 1991-1995 Member, Faculty Research Committee.
1985 -1987, 1991-1994 Head, Jewish Thought Division, Department of History.
1985 -1987 Member, Faculty Planning Committee (Chairman, 1986 - 1987).
1988-1989 Member, Faculty M.A. Committee.
1988-1989 Representative of Humanities Faculty to Faculty of Technology.
1989 Member, Rector's Committee to Study Status of “English as a Foreign Language Unit.”
1991-1993 Chairman, Dean’s Committee on Relations with Yeshivat Ha-Kibbutz Ha-Dati.
1991-1993 Member, Department of History Space Committee.
1992-1997 Chair, General Studies B.A. Program.
1993 Member, Faculty Committee on Structure (Strategic Planning Committees).
1994-1995, 1997 Member, Department of History Appointments Committee.
1994-1995, 1999 Member, Ladislaus Laszt Humanitarian Award Committee.
1995-1997 Member, Faculty of Humanities Appeals Committee.
1997 Member, Kreitman Fellowships Committee.
1999-2003 Member, Faculty of Humanities Appointments Committee.
2000- Member, Executive Committee, Goldstein-Goren International Center for Jewish Thought.
2000-2004, 2009- Chair, Department of Jewish Thought Graduate Studies Committee.
2005-2008 Chair, Goldstein-Goren Department of Jewish Thought.
2006-2007 Member, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev Senate.
2007-2008 Member, Ben-Gurion University Research Committee.
2009-2010 Member, Faculty Disciplinary Court.
2009-2010 Chair, Faculty of Humanities Medical Humanities Program Committee.
Academic Administration, Other:
1990-1995 Member, Advisory Committee of the Ongoing Workshops in Jewish Philosophy of the International Center for the University Teaching of Jewish Civilization.
1995 Member, Council for Higher Education Committee to Evaluate Touro College.
1995, 1999, 2010 Member, Ben-Zvi Institute Prize Award Committee.
1995-1997 Member, Steering Committee of the National Center for Teacher Enrichment in Jewish Studies.
2002 Member, Professional Committee for Grants, Israel Science Foundation
2006- Member, Academic Council and Appointments Committee of Schechter Institute of Jewish Studies.
2006-2007 Member, Council for Higher Education Committee to Evaluate Lander Institute.
2013-2014 German-Israel Fund Scientific Advisor.
Memberships in Professional Organizations:
Association for Jewish Studies.
World Union of Jewish Studies.
Society for Judaeo-Arabic Studies (Board Member, 1997-2009; Vice President, 2009- ).
Associate Member, European Association for Jewish Studies.
Société internationale pour l’étude de la philosophie médiévale.
Organization of International Academic Conferences (selection):
1. “Judaism and Islam: Cultural and Social Contacts,” Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, June 9, 1993.
2. “The Jewish Presence in Europe: The Prague Experience,” in conjunction with UCLA and Charles University, Prague, July 13-15, 1993.
3. “Crusades and Crusaders,” in conjunction with UCLA and Yad Izhak Ben-Zvi, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, June 17-19, 1996.
4. “Judaism and the World: Interaction, Influence and Impact,” Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, May 29-31, 2000.
5. “Jewish Philosophy in Medieval Provence,” Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, March 18, 2001.
“Spiritual and Material Aspects of Judaeo-Arabic Culture in the Middlle Ages,” Tenth International Conference of the Society for Judaeo-Arabic Studies, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Aug. 6-9, 2001.
7. "Jewish Thought and Jewish Belief,” Tri-Annual Goldstein-Goren Conference, Ben-Gurion University, May 31-June 2, 2010.
8. “Are Jews and Christians Living in a Post-Polemical World? Toward a Comparison of Medieval and Modern Christian-Jewish Encounters,” Boston College, March 28-29, 2011.
9. “Karaite Studies: The State of the Field,” Ben-Gurion University, Feb. 27-March 1, 2012.
10. “Jewish Thought in Provence in the Late Middle Ages,” Ben-Gurion University, Nov. 19, 2014.