Prof. Oded Hochman
|Office Address:||Department of Economics
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
P.O. Box 653
Beer-Sheva 84105, Israel
- Professor Hochman's research interests center on urban and environmental economics, public economics, industrial organization and economic growth. His current research projects include urban location and pollution, uncertainty in water supply and its economic implications, agglomeration of clubs and cities, and welfare measurement in an urban economy.
Chapters in Books (refereed)
- O. Hochman and U. Regev, "Empirical and Theoretical Aspects in the Production and Marketing of Quality Differentiated Products: The Case of Israeli Export Glasshouse Tomatoes in Optimal Yield Management (Dan Rymon, Ed.) Gowen Publishing House, Avebury, U.K., 1988.
- O. Hochman, "Land Rents, Optimal Taxation and Local Fiscal Independence in an Economy with Local Public Goods," ®† Appeared in the Journal of Public Economics, 15:59-85, 1981)., Reprinted in Advanced Urban Economics (H. w. Richardson ed.), Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham UK, 1998.
- O. Hochman and D. Pines, "Competitive Equilibrium of Transportation and Housing in the Residential Ring of an Urban Area," Environment and Planning 3:51-62, 1971.
- O. Hochman and D. Pines, "Note on Land Use in a Long Narrow City," Journal of Economic Theory 5:540-541, December, 1972. !--
- O. Hochman G. Fishelson and D. Pines, "Inraurban spatial association between places of work and places of residence" Journal of Economic Theory 5:540-541, December, 1974.--
- E. Hochman and O. Hochman, "On the Relations between Demand Creation and Growth in a Monopolistic Firm," European Economic Review 6:17-38, 1975.
- O. Hochman, G. Fishelson and D. Pines, "Mutual Attraction between Working Places and Places of Residence in an Urban Land Use Pattern," Environment and Planning (A) 7:273-278, 1975.
- O. Hochman, "Market Equilibrium in a Model with Congestion: Note," American Economic Review LXV, 5:992-996, December 1975.
- O. Hochman and A. Razin, "Debt and Capital Accumulation in a Two Sector Model with Non-Traded Goods," European Economic Review, 8:165-80, August, 1976.
- E. Borokov and O. Hochman, "Optimum and Market Equilibrium in a Model of a City without a Predetermined Center," Environment and Planning, pp. 849-856, 1977.
- O. Hochman, "A Two Sector Model of Land Use with Several Externalities and their Effects on an Urban Setting," Journal of Urban Economics 5:198-218, 1978.
- O. Hochman and H. Ofek, "The Value of Time in Consumption and Residential Location in Urban Cities," American Economic Review, pp. 996-1004, December, 1977.
- O. Hochman and H. Ofek, "A Theory of the Behavior of Municipal Governments: The Case of Internalizing Pollution Externalities," Journal of Urban Economics 416-431, 1979.
- O. Hochman and D. Pines, "Cost of Adjustment in Residential Construction and their Effects on Urban Growth," Journal of Urban Economics 2-19, 1980.
- O. Hochman and E. Hochman, "Regeneration, Public Goods, and Economic Growth," Econometrica, July, 1980.
- O. Hochman, "Land Rents, Optimal Taxation and Local Fiscal Independence in an Economy with Local Public Goods," Journal of Public Economics, 15:59-85, 1981.
- O. Hochman, "Congestable Local Public Goods in an Urban Setting," Journal of Urban Economics 11:290-310, 1982.
- O. Hochman, "Clubs in an Urban Setting," Journal of Urban Economics 12:85-101, 1982.
- O. Hochman and D. Pines, "Cost of Adjustment and the Spatial Pattern of a Growing Open City," Econometrica 50,6:1371-1391, 1982.
- O. Hochman and U. Regev, "Marketing Israeli Quality Export Tomatoes," Studies of Economics (E. Berglas and M. Fien, Eds.) Annals of the Israeli Economic Association (Hebrew), 241-253, 1988.
- O. Hochman and I. Luski, "Advertising and Economic Welfare, Comment," American Economic Review 78,1:290-296, 1988.
- O. Hochman, "Cities, Scale Economies, Local Goods, and Local Governments," Urban Studies, 27,1:45-66, February, 1990.
- O. Hochman and U. Regev, "The Binary Quality Price Function: Theory, Empirical Testing and Application to the Israeli Export," Acta Horticultura, 259:117-138, July, 1990.
- E. Hochman and O. Hochman, "A Policy of Efficient Water Pricing," Economic Quarterly 42(150):502-523 1991. (Hebrew).
- O. Hochman and D. Pines, "Federal Income Tax and its Effects on Inter and Intra city Resource Allocation," Public Finance Quarterly, 21,3:276-304, July, 1993.
- O. Hochman, D. Pines and J.F. Thisse, "On the Optimal Structure of Local Governments," American Economic Review, 85, 5, 1224-1240, Dec. (1995).
- O. Hochman. " More on Scale Economies and Cities" Regional Science & Urban Economics. 27, 4-5, 373-397, Aug (1997)
- O. Hochman. " Welfare Estimation in a General Equilibrium Model with Cities" Jun (2015)
- Pollution and Land Use: Optimum and Decentralization [PDF]
- Efficient Agglomeration of Spatial Clubs [PDF]