Born: 1930, Latvia
Ph.D.: 1963 Kiev Inst. of Technology; Prof. 1989.
Research Interests: Thermodynamics. Measurements of thermodynamic properties.
equilibrium in nonideal systems. Energy conversion and advanced cycle and system analysis of heat
systems. Heat and mass transfer in drying processes. Formation of drops and bubbles. Flotation
Research Projects: Search for alternative working fluids free of CFCs for the energy
measurements and evaluation of thermophysical properties in order to generate pertinent
data relating to new working fluids for energy systems. Application of the most up-to-date theoretical
semi-theoretical relationships for data analysis. Creation of predictive capability regarding
and transport properties of working fluids for absorption heat pumps and other energy systems.
cycles analysis: development of theoretical models for calculation of performances of heat pumps with
different selected working fluids. Heat and mass transfer: theoretical and experimental investigation of
and mass transfer in drying and humidification of air flow through different solid and liquid desiccant
systems. Microbubble generation.
- Daltrophe, N.C., Jelinek, M. and Borde I
. Heat and mass transfer in a two-phase flow of a binary
solution and gas. In 10th Int. Heat Transfer Conf.
, ICHEME Taylor & Francis Publ., General Papers,
- Daltrophe, N.C., Jelinek, M. and Borde I.
Heat and mass transfer in a jet ejector for absorption
systems. ASME, International Absorption Heat Pump Conf., AES 31:327332, 1994.
- Levi-Hevroni, D., Levy, A. and Borde I. Mathematical modeling of drying of liquid
solid slurries in a
steady state, one dimensional flow. Drying Technology-Intern. J.
- Borde, I., Jelinek, M. and Daltrophe, N.C. Absorption system based on refrigerant
Intern. J. of Refrigeration 18:387394, 1995.
- Borde, I., Jelinek, M. and Daltrophe, N.C. Working substances for absorption heat
on R32. In Proc. of 19th Intern. Congress on Refrigeration,
- Borde, I., Jelinek, M. and Daltrophe, N.C. Working fluids for absorption
refrigeration systems based on R-124. International Journal of Refrigeration
V. 20, #4, pp. 256-266, 1997.
- Borde, I., Dukhovny, M. Elperin, T. Heat and Mass Transfer in Moving
Vibrofluidized Bed. The International Journal of Storing, Handling and
Processing Powder, Vol. 8, #4, 1997,. pp. 311-314.
- Borde, I., M. Jelinek, Thermodynamic properties of organic working fluids
for absorption heat pumps. Proceedings of the 16th European Seminar on
Applied Thermodynamics, Abbaye des Premontre's, Pont-a-Mousson,
France, June 1997, pp. 193-198.
- Vaisman, M., T. Elperin and Borde, I. Micro Bubbles Generator for Water
Treatment by Flotation. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on
Energy and the Environment. Efficient Utilization of Energy and Water
Resources. Limassol, Cyprus, October 1997, Volume II, pp. 332-338.
- Levy, A., David J. Mason, D. Levi-Hevroni, Borde, I. Drying of wet solid
particles in a steady-state one-dimensional flow, Powder Technology 95
(1998) pp. 15-23.
Key words: Thermodynamics, thermophysical properties, working fluids, heat and
Date: 28 May 1998