Prof. Sammy Boussiba
Research Projects for M.Sc.
- Developing the biotechnology for large-scale production of astaxanthin-rich Haematococcus. The work also involves research concerning basic aspects of carotenogenesis.
- The physiological aspects facilitating the survival of Spirulina in extreme alkaline environments, as well as the biochemical and molecular components involved in these activities. Special attention is given to the role of sodium in these activities.
- N2-fixing cyanobacteria as biological vectors to encounter environmental problems.
- Protective mechanisms against oxidative stress in Haematococcus pluvialis
- The role of sodium in pH regulation in the alkaliphilic cyanobacterium Spirulina platensis
- Characterization of highly toxic recombinant cyanobacterium Anabaena 7120 carrying Bti toxin
J. Blaustein Inst. for Desert Research
BGU, Sede-Boker 84990, Israel