Lecture: Wednesday 12:00-14:00, Rm 321, building 90 |
Exercise 1: Thursday 09:00-10:00, Rm 122 Geology building
Exercise 2: Thursday 10:00-11:00, Rm 122 Geology building
Alon Ziv |
Rm 231 Geology building
Office hours: the door is open
75% 3xQuiz |
25% Reading assignments - required to hand-in 70%
00% Students are required to hand-in 70% of all the lab assignments
1) Fowler, C.M.R., The solid earth, Cambridge University
Press, 1997, p. 472. |
2) Dobrin, M.B., Introduction to geophysical prospecting, McGraw Hill, 1976, 3rd Ed., P. 630.
3) Mussett, A.E. and Khan, M.A., Looking into the Earth, Cambridge University Press, 2000, P. 470
4) Telford, W.M., Geldart, L.P. and Sheriff, R.E., Applied Geophysics, Cambridge University Press, 1990, 2nd Ed., p. 770.
1) Next year, subject to the final approval of the undergraduate
studies committee, we plan to join this course with the Tectonics
course. The new course will be entitled: "Physics of the Earth and
Planetary Interiors". This year, students that will fail in one of the
two courses will have to take the new course next year.
2) The final grade of students that misses one of the quizzes for acceptable reasons, i.e. according to the academic code (takanon), will be calculated according to the grades of the other two quizzes.