Professor - Department of Chemical Engineering,
Room 216, Building 59
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Phone: 972-8-6461486 ; Fax: 972- 8- 6472916
Moshe Gottlieb was born in Haifa in 1948. He holds a B.Sc. degree from
the Chemical Engineering Department in the Technion in Haifa a PhD in
Chemical Engineering (with a minor in Rheology) from the Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison
(1978). After two years in the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis
he joined the department of Chemical Engineering at Ben-Gurion University.
Current research interests include rheology, polymer solution and suspension,
polymer-solid interactions, molecular organization in supramolecular
systems, and gelation phenomena.
Recent Representative publications
• T. Dollase, H.W. Spiess, M. Gottlieb, R.Yerushalmi-Rozen
Crystallization of PDMS: the Effect of Physical and Chemical Crosslinks
Europhys Letters 60, 390 (2002).
• R. Mor, M. Gottlieb, L.A. Mondy, A.L. Graham J.
Effect of Surfaces on the Static Distribution of Orientations in Suspensions
of Rod like Particles J. Rheol. 47, 19 (2003).
• H. Dvir, M. Gottlieb, S. Daren Thermal Polymerization
of a Brominated Flame Retardant in a Glass Fiber-Reinforced Polypropylene
– Quantitative analysis J.Appl. Polym. Sci. 88,
• H. Dvir, M. Gottlieb, S. Daren, E. Tartakovsky Optimization
of a Flame-Retarded Polypropylene Composite Sci. Tech. 63,
• E. Magen and M. Gottlieb The Importance of
Liquid Compressibility in Calculations of Fluid Dynamics Inside a DOD
Piezoelectric Ink Jet Nozzle J. Imaging Sci. Tech. 48,
• H. Zettl, Y. Portnoy, M. Gottlieb and G. Krausch
Investigation of Micelle Formation by Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy
J. Phys. Chem. B 109, 13397 (2005).
• M. Gottlieb, Y. Hayoun, I. Preker, R. Yerushalmi-
Rozen, K. Saalwaechter Crystallization, the gel point and DQ
NMR in PDMS networks Bull. APS (2006)