- 1971 . . . Doctoral Degree, Moscow Civil Engineering Institute (USSR)
- 1959 . . . Technologist of Building Materials, Moscow Chemical and Technological Institute (USSR)
Topics related to concrete technology and durability including:
- Development of new technological processes for cement
- Concrete and concrete-like materials
- Utilization of industrial waste in manufacturing of concrete and other building materials
Professional activities and distinctions
- Researcher at the Jacob Blaustein Institute for Desert Research, Ben Gurion University, Israel (since 1991).
- Development and durability control of cement, concrete and concrete-like materials and products for commercial and residential construction.
- Holds various patents concerning the composition and technological processes of new building materials such as concrete-like blocks based on fly-ash binders.
Has published numerous research works including:
- Freidin C., "Hydration and Strength Development of Binder Based on High-Calcium Oil Shale Fly Ash: II. Influence of Curing Conditions on Long-Term Stability", Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 29, Iss. 11, pp. 1713-1719, 1999.
- Freidin C., "Behavior of Concrete Based on Quartz Bond in Sulphuric Acid", Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 21, pp. 317-323, 1999.
- Freidin C. and Motzafi-Haller W., "Cementless Building Units Based on Oil Shale and Coal Fly Ash Binder", Construction and Building Materials, vol. 13, Iss. 7, pp. 371-382, 1999.
- Freidin C., "Hydration and strength development of binder based on high-calcium oil shale fly ash," Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 28, No. 6, pp. 829-839, 1998.
- Freidin C., "Stableness of new concrete on the quartz bond in water and sulphate environment," Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol.26, pp.1683-1687, 1996.