Dr. David Mills
General fields of interest:
Plant Tissue Culture and New Industrial Crops
Research Projects for M.Sc.
- in vitro salt tolerance
- hyperhydricity and hardening (acclimatization) aspects
- In vitro propagation of Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis)
- Sugar utilization in hairy roots and cell suspension.
- Secondary metabolite production in cell suspensions and hairy roots
- Development of Vernonia galamensis as a new source of epoxy oil
- Response of different varieties of Vernonia galamensis to water stress
- Cloning of stress-regulated genes expressed during in vitro hardening of Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) (collaboration†with Dr. D. bar-Zvi)
- Characterizing the mechanisms of disaccharide and hexose uptake†in cell suspension and hairy root cultures of Sympytum officinale
- Effects of biotic and abiotic factors on betalain production in hairy roots of beta vulgaris using a novel method of image analysis
Institutes for Applied Research
BGU, Beer-Sheva, Israel