Prof. Yair M. Heimer
Research Projects for M.Sc.
- Metabolic engineering of crop plants aiming at improving quality and increased tolerance to extreme conditions.
- Control mechanisms of and interaction between endogenous and transgenes which determine extent of gene expression.
- Introduction into sweetpotato of genetic elements which convey drought tolerance.
- Introduction into sweetpotato of genetic elements which improve storage root nutritional quality.
- Study the differential expression of endogenous and chimeric nitrate reductase in arabidopsis.
Albert Katz Center for Desert Agrobiology,
J. Blaustein Inst. for Desert Research
BGU, Sede-Boker 84990, Israel