Prof. Zvi Cohen
Various aspects of the production of commercially important lipids in microalge:
Research Projects for M.Sc.
- The effect of environmental conditions on lipid quality and content;
- Understanding the underlying mechanisms governing lipid accumulation;
- Biosynthesis of pharmaceutically valuable polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA);
- Developing methods for obtaining high purity PUFA from microalgae
- Elucidation of the biosynthesis of the polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) EPA in the alga Monodus.
- Biosynthesis of arachidonic acid in microalgae.
J. Blaustein Inst. for Desert Research
BGU, Sede-Boker 84990, Israel